I’ve been playing a fair bit of radio lately. What I haven’t been doing is working on any electronics projects or posting (obviously). Since starting my new job I haven’t had the mental energy to work on personal projects after an 8 hour day. I’m starting to get settled in now and can feel that starting to change. I fired up the transverter and K2 this evening and unfortunately the transverter didn’t come up. Let the troubleshooting begin!
In other radio related news I picked up a new amplifier right before the ARRL DX SSB contest. It was a lot of fun working some of those stations on the first call. I ended up with 175 Qs without really getting after it. I’d just cruise up and down the bandmap for the most part. I got a couple new DXCC entities and filled quite a few DXCC band slots (10 so far in LoTW). Here is what the operating position looks like now:
I hope to be posting more frequently again and will certainly post what the issue was with the transverter once I find it. 73 for now!