I’ve had this finished for a while but am just now getting around to updating. This was a pretty quick build. I’m guessing a lot of things are going to seem quick now in comparison to the base K2!
Once I got everything put together it was time to hook it up with the USB to serial adapter and test…
A few button presses on the face of the K2 and the radio outputs the current frequency over the serial connection as seen above. Typing SW01; into the terminal makes the rig switch to the next higher band. So communication works in both directions but I am seeing one weird thing that I haven’t been able to figure out yet. As soon as I connect a terminal session the internal speaker gets muted. I haven’t tested with other software yet but further investigation is warranted.
Since completing the IO board I’ve found yet another project to distract me…
I finished assembly of my Anet A8 on Sunday and have been working through getting started with 3D printing!
I haven’t had what I would call a successful print yet as the learning curve is a little steep. Hopefully by the end of this week I’ll be printing some upgrades for the printer itself. I hope to eventually be printing some radio related things like project enclosures and antenna element brackets eventually.
That’s all for now. 73.