Back in the saddle

I got back to work on the K2 last night.  I’m still on page 52 but I now have most of the capacitors installed.  Unfortunately I feel like I’m becoming increasingly disorganized with this kit and need to get my act together.

20170216_205638

Here you can see the caps that are highlighted in yellow I haven’t been able to find yet.  I’m going to go back through all the caps and measure their capacitance with the meter because the package markings are not seeming to match the documentation.  The meter is the Excelvan M6013 reviewed in the January issue of QST.  So far I really like it.  It seems to be both more accurate and auto range way better than my multimeter.

So I have some more inventory work to do and will go through all the remaining bags of the base kit to track down these caps before continuing on.  Here is a shot what the board looked like at the end of last nights session.

20170216_205620

Ohh and I submitted my DXCC application!  my last DX QSO was Namibia.  I worked them with 100 watts on RTTY.  I got them on the first call and they confirmed via logbook that night.  I’m really proud of the fact that I got this with no more than 100 watts  and wire antennas!

73!

AD0TA

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s